Sunday, November 16, 2014

Homework for Monday! Reading



HOME SICK
By Mark Beaumont, M.Ed.


I woke up this morning
With an everyday thought
…It was not the weekend
That this day had brought

In fact it was Monday
The worst day of ‘em all
We all felt the same
That school was no ball


I wanted to play
Not sitin’ and schoolin’
Life is for playin’
 Not sittin’ and droolin’

I’d stay at home yet
Enjoy the day free
As freedom’s my goal
From school that I’d be

But how can I do it
Escape the whole day
And play in the fields
As it was Saturday

Running with friends
And chasing down fun
Playing and playing
‘till Saturday’s done
                                              



But how can I do it
Monday morning’s a pill
So maybe I’ll fake it
That I’m real super ill

So I told mom and dad
That I just wasn’t right
I started to feel it
In the mid of the night

They let me stay home
From school in a flash
This was even better
Than piles of cash

Ten minutes later
They both left for work
Freedom is now
What I get as a perk






With them off to work
 I sat on my throne
On my perfect day off
In my big empty home

 I’d have to get crafty
And get on my way
In order to make
The most of my day

So I ate up my breakfast
And went out to play
But after ten minutes
I just didn’t stay

The weather was perfect
My race mood in place
With only one person
A much boring race




So I gave up on sports
And decided to think
What game could I play
So this day didn’t stink

And what I decided
Was games were not fun
Unless you were playing
With friends by the tons

So I’d go read a book
 And then watch TV
And I’d be just as happy
As happy could be

So I got my new book
And started to read
As reading is dandy
Quite dandy indeed




But after some minutes
I turned into stone
The book had just bored me
Straight to the bone

The day was not going
So perfectly swell
I’d have to reverse it
So magically well

So TV was next
On my things-to-do lists
To ward off the boredoms
With the shaking of fists

So off to the couches
To cozy right in
Where comfort and pleasure
Would make the day win




Win with delight
As the shows would unfold
With chips and a blanket
In case it gets cold

So I hunkered on down
And snuggled just right
And started to watch
With little delight

TV was no fun
Did not set the tone
On my perfect day off
In my big empty home

So, I’d give it a thought
And have a plan B
So, I could have fun
So, happy I’d be




But what would go next
Without friends by the ton
My next move was special
To make this day fun

So I wandered around
And decided to eat
I’d head for the kitchen
On the tips of my feet

I got to the fridge
And opened the door
With eyes bulging out
I couldn’t want more

With loads of spaghetti
And buckets of goo
And pudding and ice cream
And other stuff too




I ate and I ate
But this did not quit
The boredom from coming
And ruining it

And as I sat there
And thought about this
My thinking was funny
‘cuz school I did wish

Though school wasn’t easy
All of the time
It beats being bored
With no fun to find

And as I looked up
To check of the clock
Seeing the time
I wanted to rock




Enjoy with my friends
While learning and play
And make something special
Of each single day

When Saturday comes
It’s time for much fun
With family and friends
And foods by the tons

But this was still Monday
And I was at home
And I was so bored
I was bored to the bone

That I promised myself
I would never do this
Staying home on a school day
And faking the sick




Because faking the sick
Did not make much funs
Especially missing

My friends by the tons

No comments:

Post a Comment